Explore the mysteries beyond our solar system with a night dedicated to the search for extraterrestrials.
Music by DJs Mophono, Dakim, Christopher Orr, J.O.B.; Live performance by HiScores
DJs and live performance curated by Jaysonik
→ Join experts from NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View for fascinating talks on exoplanets and life beyond Earth—including what it might look like to live on Mars.
→ Ed Bendek and Rus Belikov will talk about the future of exploration—and possible travel to!—our closest star system, Alpha Centauri.
→ A planetary scientist at Ames, Dr. Carol Stoker specializes in the search for life in extreme environments, including the robotic exploration of Mars.
→ Learn about the work of METI International (Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence) and their search for life beyond Earth with interstellar communications and messaging.
→ Explore space virtually with the experiential art shows of Dream Logic VR.
→ Launch your spaceship (aka ball) into the starfield (aka playfield) with a set of intergalactic pinball machines from the Pacific Pinball Museum.
→ Near the Project Lab, learn about some of the most intriguing space-related Kickstarter projects, including plans to launch student projects into space and a design for a sustainable city on Mars.
- Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area. All bars accept cash and credit cards.
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife, including The Academy Café, The Terrace, and a food cart located in the front lobby.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Programming lineup subject to change.
Show full text